Helloooooo, everyone. We’re here! And we’re unpacked and settling in nicely. You know what that calls for? A bulleted update post, because I’m lazy like that.
Here’s what’s up with me, in no particular order:
- We love our new place: we’ve got two balconies and a giant kitchen. Photos on flickr for all who are interested!
- I’m not working yet (though I’ve got an interview today, so cross your fingers!), so I’ve been doing a lot of fibery crafts. A. Lot. I’ve finished my Citron, started and gotten halfway through a Lace Ribbon Scarf, started a pair of socks, knitted a baby hat, and spun 4 oz of fingering weight BFL. I’ll have posts for all of these once they’re photographed, of course.
- Being here means we can visit with family members, which rocks. I’m taking advantage of my unemployment to head to the Jersey shore for a girls’ weekend with my mom and aunt, while J stays here, bringing home the bacon. Sucker.
- It is a lot hotter in PA than it is in MI. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- There is a farmers market every week within walking distance from our new place. Last week we got peaches, corn, cheese, eggs, and squash. Yummy goodness.
- In PA, you can drive through a building to buy beer. You tell the guy what you want, and he puts it in your trunk. You never have to get out of the car. True story.
So that’s a little update. The move went relatively smoothly, though we’re incredibly broke after dealing with a Uhaul, movers, etc. I’ll be back soon, but wanted to say hi and that I miss my fibery friends!