So. . . it’s been a while. I’ve been up to many fun things, and many not so fun things (namely the end of the semester stress). How can I update you, you might wonder? Let’s try everyone’s favorite: a bulleted list!
- I went to NYC the week after the semester ended to visit my BFF. It was wonderful to see her, meet her lovely fiancée, and spend some time just hanging out, eating good food, seeing a Broadway show, and not being in Kalamazoo. I hadn’t left since my trip home last August, and the change of scenery was really refreshing.
- I’ve been slogging away on my spinning project from my last post, and it’s finally finished. FO post soon!
- I’ve also done a wee bit of sewing. Yes, much happens behind the scenes here.
- J and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary, which is tough to believe. This past year has flown by!
- Finally, and most importantly, my J got a job! It is tenure-track and everything, and we couldn’t be more excited. This means job security in a time when that is a rare thing, and we’re both so grateful. I’m so so proud of him, after seeing him work so hard this year in the face of unemployment. This means many good things for us, but also one that is a bit of a downer: he’s got to move across the country, while I’ll be staying here to finish up my funding until next spring. While this makes the most sense both professionally and economically for us, it will most definitely not be easy to spend so much time apart. I keep telling myself, however, that we’ll be able to visit and have regular Skype dates, and the year will be over before we know it. Until then I’ll have my Anjanka, my knitting, and my work to keep me busy.
If any of you are still around, thanks for bearing with me over the past few months. I’m definitely going to try and post more regularly this summer.