Yesterday I promised I’d have a modeled FO for you this week. I should know better than to make a promise on the blog; it never works out.
After getting my work done today, I sat down and finished weaving in the ends on The Engagement Sweater, and then joyously set about sewing on the buttons. The first 4 were on fine, but then something funny happened. Namely, the right front of the sweater was coming up a good two inches shorter than the left.
For the love of Pete.
So what did I do? I took off the buttons and put the sweater in for yet another soak. I then blocked them out to be equal. Look, I have proof!
This isn’t the most glamorous shot, but it’s the best I could do. I blocked everything once before, and with all of the pieces draped all over the spare room, I didn’t have space to block the two fronts side by side. This must account for the lopsided lengths, as everything is just fine after a rinse. Thank goodness the problem wasn’t with my knitting (though it would have been impressive to accidentally knit on the diagonal.).
So there it is, with no buttons, drying. We’re heading out for a holiday family visit on Wednesday morning, and I really hope I can get this dry in time. It’s lightweight so hopefully I can swing it; J really wants to show it off on Thanksgiving.
If I don’t catch you all beforehand, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!