Emily of OneGoodApple tagged me for the “6 random things about you” meme. I’ve never done one of these before, and I’m very leery of doing an overshare, so I’ll try and keep this both PG and non-boring. Here goes, in no particular order”
- I prefer to drive stick shift. I learned on my old ’69 VW Bug, which was not exactly smooth, and hated it at first. Eventually I upgraded to a GTI 1.8 Turbo, and I still miss that car. So much. I drove it in a city, which is insane, but man it was fun to drive.
- I hate when people use “reveal” as a noun, as in “the big reveal.” I blame reality tv. To me it’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.
- I’ve always been told I do very good impressions. Apparently this started when I was a little girl, and I’d do Robin Leech impressions from “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” for my mom and dad’s friends. It just never stopped from there, and I can mimic many celebrities (and people I know in real life) pretty well.
- This gift of impressions carries over into my (sort of) ability with languages. I love learning them, and always want to learn more. Unfortunately, my mind sort of shuts down when it comes to verb conjugation. This means that I can say few things correctly in Spanish, and even fewer in Polish, but I sound like a native…with very poor grammar.
- I love cookbooks, but never cook using recipes. Whenever I do, no matter how closely I follow the directions, I always screw up. This means that I throw things together that I think will be good, which occasionally ends in disaster. Just ask Jason, who witnessed my portabella mushroom and white wine sauce last night, which ended up grey. Yeah, we threw jarred sauce on the pasta instead. Oh well.
- I’m really sensitive, though I put up a good front. I’ve been like this since I was a kid; I was really easily wounded by remarks of peers and adults alike. Because of this I agonize over my wording in emails, and often go over conversations again and again in fear that I’ve offended or hurt people. I’m definitely an over-thinker, but I’m working on it.
So there we have it, folks. I won’t tag anyone, but feel free to play along if you so choose! Now you see a little window into the weirdery that is my head.