So last night we had our (slightly delayed, due to snow) craft night. One of our foursome couldn’t make it, but the rest of us had a good time. We taught Lisa to knit, I baked a fancy version of mac n’ cheese from this cookbook, and we watched some movies.
Jason and I have had Serenity sitting at home for over a week from Netflix. He wanted to watch it as soon as we got it, but I had to wait. It’s going to sound silly, but I’ve grown so attached to the characters on Firefly, and I wasn’t ready to see them go. So we watched the movie last night finally, and I’m sort of up in the air about it. It was good, but so much darker than the series. I think they did a good job of tying up loose ends from the show, but I was really upset by some of the plot twists. I won’t give anything away, but I’ll just say that I left the movie feeling sad, whereas the show always made me happy.
Anyhoo, today it’s been snowing like the dickens, as has been the theme since Friday. I awoke to much more snow than was originally called for, with the word “squalls” in the forecast for tomorrow. Luckily they’ve calmed it down a bit to just light snow, which is doable. I don’t really mind snow, it’s just that when it hits during the week it makes teaching and taking my own classes tough. Our driveway OF DOOM makes it next to impossible to get around, even with a four wheel drive car. I’ll be happy with a little bit of melting.
I was really honored to be awarded this by Jessica at Stitchywitch:
“Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.”
It was so cool to get it from someone whose blog I also love, especially. Not only have I learned from Jessica, I’ve also been inspired to try new patterns, yarns, and techniques, and I’ve even made out like a bandit from some of her destashing sales. Her blog is really fun. Thanks, Jessica!
In keeping with the award, I’ve picked some of my favorite bloggers to pass this along to. There are a lot of blogs that I visit on a daily basis, and I’ve got to leave a ton out due to the award limit of ten. Nonetheless, these are some of my favorites, and I find inspiration, creativity, and laughter in them each day.
1. Sarah at ThePluckyKnitter Not only does Sarah produce some absolutely gorgeously handdyed yarn, I can also say, after meeting her in person, that she’s just as sweet and friendly as her yarn pseudonym would imply.
2. Cosy at CosyMakes Cosy is so creative with her designs. Very inspiring. Can’t wait for her book to come out!
3. Lindsay at TypeK Lindsay is a lace goddess, and a good blogging buddy of mine. She constantly gives me inspiration and guidance.
4. Julia at MindofWinter This is the first knitting blog I started reading when I first picked up my needles, and it’s still one of my favorites. Julia’s designs are the perfect balance of funky and classic.
5. Elspeth at WryPunster Not just beautiful knits, but she is truly skilled. Her tutorials are incredibly helpful. And hilarious to boot!
6. Wazz at Needled Wazz’s thoughtful musings on textiles, book reviews, and gorgeous photos make me really think about this craft.
7. Maple at AlpacaGranny Maple sold me my first roving (still working on it, Maple!), and was so warm and kind. She has her own Alpaca farm and Etsy shop. She’s pretty much my hero.
8. Marianne at ArtistheHandmaidoftheHumanGood Marianne knits gorgeous things, and takes really gorgeous photos. She’s inspired me to work on my photographer’s eye.
9. Marnie at MarnieTalks This blog always cracks me up, and Marnie’s designs are so creative. Her puppy dogs are adorable, too!
10. Whitney at WhitKnits Another of my favorite bloggers; I particularly love the socks she knits. I want to improve my sock skills to her level eventually.
So like I said, there are so many great knit blogs out there that it was really hard to choose. I do feel so honored, though, that someone chose my humble little blog for an award! I’ve had this blog for under a year, and it’s become a hobby in and of itself. I sit and blog-surf every morning over my cup of coffee, and through this blog I’ve found so much inspiration. I think that, through it, my knitting has really grown. I’m still shocked that I have any readers, and I want to thank you all for visiting my little piece of the internet and listening to me ramble.